Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Its actually Wednesday morning, but oh well. Things have been so busy here, with Garett working late, Nathan having middle of the week T Ball make up games, and just life. So, I am a day late.

2. There was a time when it was just Nathan and me. He was on the receiving end of all my attention. Since having Emma, my attention has had to be split into two. I think that really affects him sometimes, so I do try to have some one on one time with him. When Emma naps, I do try to do something special with him. The other day, we made cuppycakes. He loves to bake with me and has become quite a pro at cracking eggs!

3. Which brings me to the little girl who almost never gets alone time with me. This summer, though, I am going to sign her up for a Little Gym class, leave Nathan with my mom and we are going to have some Mommy and Emma time.

4. Nathan's end of year T Ball party is at our house on Friday evening. I have been so busy getting that all planned and ready. It is going to be so cute and so fun. For sure there will be pictures to come! I can't beleive that my baby has finished his first season of T Ball! Everything is going be too fast.

5. Garett bought me the True Blood books for Mother's Day and I have already finished all 10 of them! They were so good! So, I started Netflixing the HBO series. So far, I am a little disappointed, though! I had heard how good the TV series is, but I just don't see it. It takes place in Louisiana, and they are just way overdoing their accents. Its like those Texas movies where everyone wears cowboy hats and speaking with a heavy twang. Just ruins it, you know? We'll see. I am only 4 episodes in.

6. The kids favorite thing to do when it is scorching hot outside and mommy just cannot bear to spendanother moment in the sun.


7. As I am typing this, Nathan is in trouble in his room. It is the first time I have ever sent him to his room asa punishment, and he did not like it. I just don't know what else to do. He just gets so upset with Emma and hits her really hard, every single day. I am at my wits end here. He is such a good kid and a loving brother, but he just loses his temper with her sometimes. And, I know it is normal, but it is not normal for my 1 year old to have red marks on her where he hits her. ugh.

8. I was looking through my pictures, and this was taken a year ago this week. My how things have changed! We are living a in a different house, in a different city. The kids have grown up so much. G has a new job, we all have new friends. Crazy to think about.

9. We are going to have a new addition to our family in February! My brother told us yesterday that he and Anne are expecting a baby! We couldn't be more thrilled for them and cannot wait to meet their little one!

10. I need it to rain! I am so tiredof spending my evenings trying to keep our grass alive! It needs to rain everyday, but Friday! Anyone know a raindance???

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sarah
I am a mommy to three wonderful kids and a wife to one great husband. I love to find new, fun things to keep my kiddos entertained--especially now that I have three of them!
View my complete profile