Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back to School

Yes, we're still alive.  Just seems like we've been living life in the fast lane.  I've been trying to slow things down, but it just isn't happening!

It happened.  My baby boy started kindergarten.  My stomach was in knots about it.  I worried.  Its what I do.  Have I prepared him enough for the big bad world that is out there?  Does he know right from wrong?  Did I teach him to be kind to everyone?  Does he know stranger danger?

I have to take a deep breath and believe that I have done everything I can to prepare my sweet baby.  He is in another person's hands for the majority of the day now.  Even though it breaks my heart into a million pieces not to have him home with me, I am beyond proud of him.  He is a smart, confident, kind, well rounded boy who I know is going to succeed beyond my wildest dreams.

That is not to say that I didn't cry like a baby the first day I dropped him off---who am I kidding, I still tear up almost an entire month later!  He loves school, though.  Loves his teacher, loves his friends, and loves learning.






And then there is this little lovely goof ball.  I love her to pieces.  She is my silly girl, my girl who is full of spunk.  My middle child who loves life.  

She started her second year of Mother's Day Out and is loving every minute of it.  She only goes two days a week, but that is enough for both of us.

She was so happy her first day.  She has a lot of the same friends in her class and is actually staying one afternoon a week, too!  She loves bringing her lunch to school this year!



So, between driving both the older kidlets to school and volunteering at N's school, life has been busy.  It seems like the days are long, but full.  My house is quiet and empty--just Ellie and I a lot of the time.  Its an adjustment that we are all trying to get used to.

I miss all my babies in my house with me.

Photobucket

1 comments:

CharlotteBeautyy said...

Oh your children are adorable. your so blessed to have such a beautiful family :)

About Me

My Photo
Sarah
I am a mommy to three wonderful kids and a wife to one great husband. I love to find new, fun things to keep my kiddos entertained--especially now that I have three of them!
View my complete profile