Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Baby




The day is here, much faster than I would have hoped. I knew it was coming, yet it snuck up on me. My very first baby is five. FIVE?! I just don't know how that could be! Wasn't it just yesterday that he fit snugly in my arms, with one little foot dangling over? Wasn't it just yesterday that we locked eyes for the first time and I sang him "You are my Sunshine"? Wasn't it just yesterday that I would watch him sleep and listen to the little sighs he would make as he dreamt?


Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with the little boy he has become. I whole-heartedly celebrate this day. I am happy beyond words to see him grow up and watch him change. It has just happened in the blink of an eye, a very fast blink.


This past year for Nathan was huge. He started school at a great pre k and really blossomed. He made a little bestie, Eli, who is like him in so many ways. They're so fun to watch together. I think my favorite moment between the two of them that I was lucky enough to catch was one afternoon when Eli came over to play. He was just about to leave and had been playing with Nathan's brand new parachute man. Eli started to cry because he liked the toy so much and hated to have to stop playing with it. As his mommy was buckling Eli in, Nathan ran yelled, "Wait!" and ran inside. My sweet little boy came out with his brand new parachute guy and handed it to Eli. He told him he could borrow it and bring it to school the next day. My heart melted. It just shows you the type of person he is.


He still fits into my arms, just in a different way. I still sing "You are my Sunshine" to him, though only one verse is all he gives me, and he still makes those happy little sighs when he sleeps. He is still my baby, and will be even when I am old and gray.



Happy birthday, baby! Love you to the moon and back, Nay.

(I'll be adding an interview video of N tonight! Garett wanted me to wait until he gets home to tape it!)





Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sarah
I am a mommy to three wonderful kids and a wife to one great husband. I love to find new, fun things to keep my kiddos entertained--especially now that I have three of them!
View my complete profile