Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Every year for Christmas, Nathan has gotten a book box filled with some of our favorite books. We have so many books right now and love toreadthem all. I thought, since most of the people who read this blog are parents to kids around N's age, I'd share some of our favorite books!

1. Come Along Daisy
N LOVES this book! I think it is probably his favorite book right now. It is about a little duck who does not listen to her mommy and gets lost. It has just the right amount of suspence for a toddler!

2. Row, Row, Row Your Boat by Iza Trapini
This author is wonderful! She takes well known kids' songs and adds verses to them. This one is about a family of bears and their adventures on a river. I love the illustrations in this book!

3. The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
This is the book that actually inspired me to do this post. We read this book after making our gingerbread house and N was enthralled with it. The illustrations arebeautiful, as they are with all Jan Brett books.

4. One Bear, One Dog
N has loved this book since he was a baby. It has fun pictures for the little ones and a great rhyming story.

5. Animalia
This is a great ABC book and N loves to look at--well okay, I love to look at it. The illustrator of this book is a genius and we find new things everytime we open the book.

6. That's Not My...
Books. I like all of them in the series. We have That's Not My Santa, That's Not My Bear, That's Not My Dragon, and a few more. Nathan loves them for their bright colors and the fact that there is a different texture on each page.

7. Whose Nose, Whose Toes
Fun animal book where each page opens up to a big, full length page.

8. Baby Cakes
We read this a lot before we go to bed. Nathan has it pretty much memorized and we act out every page.

9. Colors: A Play With Me Book
Nathan has loved this book since he was old enough to understand the concept of a book. It has different beach creatures that you can take out of the book--which N liked to take out, put back in, take out, put back in, take out, put back in...you get the idea. So, its a fun book, while teaching colors! Somehow,though, our copy is missing!

And what book list is complete without...

10. Goodnight Moon
What can I say about this book, but that it is a classic!

If you have any other books that your kid loves, please share the title!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sarah
I am a mommy to three wonderful kids and a wife to one great husband. I love to find new, fun things to keep my kiddos entertained--especially now that I have three of them!
View my complete profile