Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fun

So, we are slowly adjusting to Lufkin and living in a small town. I told myself that we were going to get to know Lufkin and everything it has to offer this week. So, on Monday morning, we woke up early, piled in the car and headed over to the zoo. Much to my surprise it was a great zoo--I actually like it better than the Houston Zoo! It isbeautiful in there, with waterfalls, stone benches carved like animals, a train that circles the big lake and the zoo, and tons of trees and plants. I really, really liked it. I can see us going there a few times a month. N seemed to really enjoy it, too. We saw all the animals from Diego, which he thought was cool. The one thing he didn't like were the millions of peacocks that were running loose there. Seriously, there were a ton.

We also ventured out to one of the city parks, which was also surprisingly nice. They even have one of those water pad things that they turn on during the summer. I can see us hanging out there a lot!

We went to the zoo this morning with a woman and her daughter that we met in our neighborhood. They seem really nice and we're going to start a playgroup with a few of her friends. I am pretty excited about that.

N, E, and I have spent a lot of time outside this week just because it has been so beautiful and partly because I locked myself out of the house yesterday. Oops! Luckily, Garett works close enough to be able to come home to our rescue!!

What is a post without a few pictures???!!! Here are my two Bugaboos.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Sarah
I am a mommy to three wonderful kids and a wife to one great husband. I love to find new, fun things to keep my kiddos entertained--especially now that I have three of them!
View my complete profile